(Weight Loss the Whole Person Way)
FAIR & FIRM Therapy Retreat
Weight loss, the multi-billion-dollar industry that robs millions of people of billions of dollars each year… on purpose! What?! Yes, they do. They literally set you up to lose and regain so that you’ll have to start their entire program over again. And pay for it again.
“Diets” are things people go “on” and then “off.” Typically, most people gain back whatever weight they lost “on” the diet when they go “off” the diet. That is not a surprise! It never ceases to amaze me that we fall for things like this… Honestly, I know we’re smart enough to understand the reality of these gimmicks that go like this, “Eat only this ____________ and you’ll lose weight." Usually whatever _____________ is, works! Until you stop eating _______________. I can’t help but wonder if people actually think they are going to eat nothing but cabbage soup or frozen meals or shakes and nothing else every day for the rest of their lives? If not, surely they must know they will regain every lost pound if they return to their previous eating behaviors.
So why does our society continue to waste their money in this way?
DESPERATION. At least that’s what I think. We become desperate for a quick fix to lose weight and then hope against science that this “fix” will keep weight off forever, regardless of what we do when we go “off” the diet. Magical thinking… and your rational, adult self knows this ___________________ diet won’t sustain you for the rest of your life.
How many hundreds to thousands of YOUR dollars has the diet industry thief stolen from you? Or, in a more FIRM manner (as is my style), how many of your hard-earned dollars have you willingly given to the diet industry thieves?
In the words of Bob Newhart, “STOP IT!” Very funny video clip, if you’re up for a good laugh!
Seriously, stop spending your money on “diets” only to regain the unwanted pounds. As many people I have worked with say, “I gained those back, and then some.” Others tell me, “The pounds I lost found me again… and they brought friends.”
GAIN While You LOSE is designed to help you:
- gain insights as to the reasons you struggle to lose weight and then put it back on
- gain awareness as to reasons you may subconsciously regain weight on purpose (I know, this sound preposterous)
- learn the connection between your thoughts, feelings and behaviors and gain tools for applying them to your daily life
- discover your “Meaningful Matters” in a variety of areas of your life, primarily focusing on your relationship with food and your relationship with self.
- learn and practice healthy, assertiveness and communication skills that will assist you in making healthy choices in all areas of life
- understand the relationship between your emotions and food while gaining tools to let your emotions help you seek positive ways of meeting needs, other than turning to food
- address body image issues and provide tips for accepting the good, the parts we would rather not focus on, and our whole selves
- implementing the Gotta Do Em’s for sustaining a healthy weight
- learning to implement Dr. Stapleton’s 4 ACES to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, and prevent weight regain
- and MORE…